At Serendib Leisure, we champion events that benefit the
communities we operate in. These include;
- Better Livelihoods for People
opportunities for local communities to earn an income by proving
services for hotel initiatives by organizing village walks, jeep
safaris, elephant rides, and visits to fish markets,
entertainment and cultural shows, sale of paintings and
souvenirs and transportation.
- Helping Village
Serendib Leisure continues to support the
neighbouring villages Diyakepilla and Thalkota
villages, home to over 100 families and promotes a daily village
walk, during which villagers are able to provide meals, snacks
and sell souvenirs to visitors.
- Supporting Village Children
better life for the children in our community is an integral to
our CSR objectives. We conduct a list of programmes:
- Scholarship programme for children of employees.
- Nutrition programme.
- Re-building school facilities.
- Donation of equipment and books.
- On-going English Classes by volunteer teachers.
- Providing job opportunities for school leavers.
- Educational Tours to Hotels.
- Close interaction with schools in the vicinity.
- Supporting the Differently - abled
2003, Serendib Leisure has hosted the annual fun outing of the
Special Education Centre students and staff.
annually hosts a day out for the children of the Rotawwa
- Respecting and Supporting the Diversity in
Culture and Religions
- Donations to develop Temples, Churches and Mosques.
- Donations of equipment to support community projects
conducted by the temples and churches.
- Active participation in events conducted by the
- Conducting periodical religious ceremonies in the hotel
for staff and families.
- Actively Maintaining a Healthy Environment and
Conserving Bio - diversity
- Garbage and trash clean up campaigns of the Sigiriya
- Tree planting campaigns for school children.
- Workshops on environmental management, bio - diversity
conservation and eco - tourism.
- Hosted All - island Art Competition ‘Let Nature Live’ for
two consecutive years, in association with the British
- Active participation for two consecutive years in national
TV discussions held on World Environment Day.
- Working for a Healthier Tomorrow
series of awareness programmes on HIV / Aids was
conducted along with the International Labour Organisation
(ILO) for the benefit of hotel staff and the community
download our Green Initiatives Booklet at Hotel
Hotel Sigiriya initiated a discussion by a panel of renowned
university professors and
historical scholars who
provided fascinating insights into the origin of the Sigiriya
seminar was opened to the public and the
book ‘Sigiriya’ by Dr. Raja De Silva was
- Presentation of the Baton for the Commonwealth Games -
Serendib Leisure sponsored the presentation of the baton while
it was being taken through the participant countries.